Safety and Health
An employer’s greatest asset is its employees. An employer’s greatest obligation is to assure the safety and health of its employees in its workplace. If an employer fails to fulfill this obligation, it can have deadly consequences for the employee and can destroy the employer’s business. Additionally, failure to ensure compliance with or simply ignoring OSHA or MSHA regulations can result in heavy monetary fines, as well as possible criminal prosecution.
Because of the significant impact the safety and health regulations have on an employer today, our safety and health practice is an integral and growing aspect of Snell & Wilmer’s labor and employment and construction practice, which is comprised of attorneys who have extensive experience representing employers in most every aspect of safety and health.
Snell & Wilmer workplace accident and injury lawyers are experienced at providing instant emergency response counsel that is critical to mitigating any catastrophic accident situation. Additionally, we offer exceptional knowledge and insights of regulators and the OSHA/MSHA investigative processes.
Snell & Wilmer’s safety and health practice offers a wide variety of experience and services to clients in this very specialized field, including:
- Representing clients regarding potential or actual corporate and/or individual criminal prosecution.
- Assisting clients in reacting to major workplace accident and workplace injury situations.
- Advising clients in regulatory investigations.
- Providing litigation services and support to clients involving safety and health issues, including aiding employers in protesting federal and state-issued OSHA and MSHA citations; resolving and contesting citations in federal and state administrative hearings; and appealing administrative decisions to the OSHA/MSHA review boards and state or federal courts of appeals.
- Aiding clients in response to discrimination, retaliation, and/or whistle-blowing allegations.
- Counseling employers on a full spectrum of safety and health compliance issues from meeting OSHA, MSHA, and ANSI standards and requirements to petitioning for safety and health variances.
- Drafting or reviewing employer compliance and/or corporate compliance of safety and health policies and procedures governing employee and/or contractor actions.
Snell & Wilmer's OSHA/MSHA litigation professionals are dedicated to providing our clients with the highest quality legal representation and exceptional service.
Charles Keller is a partner with the firm, and leads the group’s OSHA/MSHA group. He has been practicing in this area of employment law for more than two decades, representing clients throughout the country in the field of employment law and specifically in OSHA/MSHA issues. He has been recognized for his work, earning various awards including the 2003 Mark Dryer Safety Award presented by the National Utilities and Contractors Association, Phoenix Chapter. He regularly conducts training and seminars on OSHA/MSHA litigation throughout the country.
We provide comprehensive OSHA/MSHA litigation services for a broad range of clients, including employers, contractors, small businesses, construction companies, municipality risk managers and human resource professionals, among others.
We also serve an extensive roster of local, regional and national associations and organizations through our OSHA/MSHA seminars. The clients, businesses and institutions that have received in-depth information through these special presentations include:
- Arizona Builders’ Alliance
- Arizona Utilities Supervisor’s Association
- Arizona Water Pollution Control Association
- Municipalities throughout Arizona and Nevada
- National Utility Contractors Association
- Nevada AGC Chapter
- Public Sector Management Representatives
- Southern Arizona Home Builders Association
- Southern Arizona Safety Council
- Southwest Safety Congress
- Tucson Utility Contractor’s Association