Client and Industry Challenges
Regulatory changes, fluctuating economic markets and evolving technologies pose frequent challenges and opportunities to lenders and borrowers. Companies and individuals engaged in commercial finance transactions often need sophisticated strategies and guidance to negotiate efficient financial arrangements that safeguard their interests and relationships.
Snell & Wilmer's commercial finance practice is recognized as one of the premier lending practices in the western United States: 20 of the nation's top 25 institutional lenders rely on our commercial finance attorneys to manage their most important customers and transactions. Our attorneys offer a comprehensive range of commercial finance services, including transaction structuring advice, document production, due diligence assistance, transaction facilitation, project management services and post-closing services. While the types of commercial finance projects we handle often vary in size, complexity and prominence, our attorneys approach every commercial finance matter with strategies and solutions tailored to fit the needs and goals of each of our clients.
Areas of Service
Our commercial finance services include:
- Equipment financing and leasing
- Letters of credit
- Specialized project financing, including for Indian tribes and enterprises
- Financial institution regulation
- Open-end and closed-end consumer credit
- Syndicated loan transactions
- Agented multilender transactions
- Multibank club transactions
- Mezzanine financing
- Individual secured and unsecured commercial loans of all sizes
- Real estate acquisition
- HUD and other federal loan programs
Clients We Serve
Our financial institution and borrower clients include real estate investment trusts, development companies, commercial banks and other financial institutions, insurers, entrepreneurs, Fortune 500 companies and leasing companies. In addition to representing many of the region's largest institutional lenders and developers, we also regularly represent private lenders as well as both established and emerging businesses in their financing transactions.
We help secure loans for a wide range of purposes and companies, including construction projects, non-profit and educational institutions, healthcare providers, condominium projects and residential tract developments, multistate and multinational borrowers, retail franchisees and venture companies.
Why Clients Select Us
Connected and Client-Oriented: In addition to a core of dedicated commercial finance attorneys, our commercial finance group draws many of its members from other firm practice areas, including our real estate, bankruptcy, corporate and securities, environmental, tax and commercial litigation practice groups. The result is a diverse team of experienced attorneys with extensive knowledge and creativity who strive to accomplish clients' goals on time and within their budgets.
Established and Respected: Our commercial finance attorneys have handled many of the largest and most complex transactions financed within our geographic footprint in the past thirty years, including resorts, sports facilities, Olympics venues, power plants, buildings and mixed-use developments. Our firm maintains strong and long-standing relationships with almost all of the top financial institutions in our region.
S&W Folio Documents
- Aviation and FAA Regulatory
- Bankruptcy and Reorganization
- Blockchain Technology and Digital Currency
- Capital Markets
- Commercial Agreements
- Corporate and Securities
- Corporate Governance Litigation
- Emerging Business
- Financial Services Litigation
- Foreclosure and Collection
- Fund Formation and Investment
- Infrastructure Development and Project Finance
- Municipal, Sports and Entertainment Facilities
- Opportunity Zones and Opportunity Funds
- Public Finance
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Dispute Resolution and Litigation
- Real Estate Lending
- Retail and Franchising
- SEC Reporting and Corporate Governance
- Tax Credit Finance Law and Litigation Services
- Tax – General Federal
- Venture Capital and Private Equity