Robert Clarke has a diverse practice in intellectual property law. His experience includes providing IP counseling for developing and implementing strategies to protect and enforce intellectual property rights, drafting and prosecuting patent and trademark applications, and drafting contracts related to IP transfer, licensing, enforcement, website usage, and information privacy. Robert has also helped clients secure and enforce trademark rights before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and Internet domain rights through the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP).
As a registered patent attorney, Robert has experience preparing and prosecuting patent applications in a variety of technological areas, including chemical formulas and coatings, ceramics, aerospace structures, engines, mechanical structures, software, gaming machines, board games, golf clubs and accessories, and firearms.
- Arizona State University, Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2015)
- Order of the Coif
- Dean’s Award for Outstanding Performance
- Managing Editor, Arizona State Law Journal
- Intellectual Property Certificate
- Willamette University (B.A., Chemistry and Economics, magna cum laude, 2010)
- Chemistry Thesis: "The Stereocontrolled Organocatalytic Synthesis of Thio-Oxacycles"
- Economics Thesis: "Private Property Rights and Productivity: An Investigation of China's Agricultural Sector"
- Departmental Honors in Chemistry, Economics (2010)
- Sigma Chi Fraternity
Representative Presentations and Publications
- "Improving the Prognosis for Your Diagnostic Method Patents," Co-Author, Bloomberg BNA's Patent, Trademark & Copyright Journal (March 3, 2017)
- "Intellectual Property Ownership: when you don't know what you DON'T have (Part I)," Co-Author, Appearing in JDSupra (February 22, 2017)
- "Intellectual property: when you don’t know what you have," Co-Author, Appearing in JDSupra (February 20, 2017)
- "If the Defend Trade Secrets Act Becomes Law, How Will it Affect Trade Secrets in Arizona?" Co-Author, Snell & Wilmer Publication (March 15, 2016)
- Esperança, Board Member (2016-present)
- ASU Center for Law, Science and Innovation, Research Fellow (2016-present)
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (2016-present)
Other Professional Experience
- PING, Inc., Intellectual Property Law Clerk (2013-2015)
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, Judicial Extern to the Honorable James A. Teilborg (Fall 2014)
- Progressive Insurance, Claims Adjuster (2010-2012)
- Willamette University, Science Collaborative Research Program, Chemistry Researcher (2009)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Supreme Court of Arizona
- United States District Court, District of Arizona