In order to help our clients provide their employees with a secure retirement, we provide counsel on a variety of issues related to traditional retirement and pension plans, including, but not limited to:
- Designing, drafting and implementing Section 401(k) plans, Section 403(b) plans and defined benefit pension plans
- Reviewing QDROs and drafting QDRO procedures
- Obtaining government rulings, determination letters, opinion letters and closing agreements with respect to qualified retirement plans
- Correcting benefit plan defects through the IRS’ Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System, the DOL’s Delinquent Filer Voluntary Compliance Program and the DOL’s Voluntary Fiduciary Correction Program
- Providing counsel to plan fiduciaries in connection with plan governance and plan investment issues, including, but not limited to, providing fiduciary training and reviewing Section 408(b)(2) fee disclosures, investment management agreements and alternative investment strategies
- Representing clients in connection with DOL and IRS audits of retirement plans and retirement plan related issues
We have addressed nearly every issue that an employer, its board of directors or its compensation committee will face in designing, implementing and administering benefits and compensation programs, arrangements and policies. The depth of our practice allows us to provide solutions to the most complicated and sophisticated employee benefits and compensation issues in a cost-effective manner.