Client and Industry Challenges
Charges of professional misconduct or ethical misconduct can cripple reputations and livelihoods. Complaints involving alleged violations of professional codes of conduct, board or agency rules, or industry standards of care can turn into invasive investigations. These investigations may lead to disciplinary or regulatory actions that can carry serious professional consequences.
Snell & Wilmer’s attorneys understand the gravity of professional licensure allegations, investigations and prosecutions. We know that the early, decisive involvement of knowledgeable counsel can significantly enhance the prospect of achieving a favorable resolution while decreasing costs and managing reputational impact.
Areas of Service
In addition to professional licensure representation, our attorneys are experienced in handling license applications and denials, as well as defending against disciplinary actions initiated by professional regulatory authorities. Our firm also offers professional liability litigation services.
Clients We Serve
Snell & Wilmer attorneys have handled professional licensure matters, professional liability defense matters and related issues for a broad array of clients including judges and lawyers; physicians; psychiatrists, psychologists and counselors; dentists; real estate professionals including appraisers; architects and design professionals; insurance brokers; securities brokers and dealers; accountants; veterinarians; engineers and surveyors; paralegals, physician assistants, nurses, dental hygienists and other support professionals; and contractors.
Why Clients Select Us
Client-Focused Service: Our attorneys develop a thorough understanding of each client’s unique situation—the facts, the applicable standards, the potential sanctions and the authorities involved. We take pride in our deep understanding of the learned professions and the long relationships we have shared with various professional communities. We also understand the importance of communicating clearly with our client as well as the regulatory authority—prompt and effective communication can make a real difference in a matter’s outcome.
In-Depth Understanding of the Issues: Because several of our attorneys have served or are serving on disciplinary boards or similar authorities, our team has a collective in-depth understanding of how these authorities operate and how they reach their decisions. Many of our attorneys also have firsthand experience with serving as investigators or prosecutors themselves, as well as serving on peer review panels and participating in administrative hearing processes.
Broad Geographic Footprint: While our offices are located in Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, Utah and Mexico, most of our defense attorneys are admitted in or have practiced in multiple jurisdictions throughout the United States.
Our attorneys have represented professionals before a broad array of regulatory authorities, including:
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Neurological Surgery
- American Board of Urology
- Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners
- Arizona Board of Osteopathic Examiners
- Arizona Board of Podiatry
- Arizona Board of Psychologist Examiners
- Arizona Board of Technical Registration
- Arizona Department of Health Services
- Arizona Department of Insurance
- Arizona Department of Real Estate
- Arizona Medical Board
- Arizona Registrar of Contractors
- Arizona Regulatory Board of Physician Assistants
- Arizona State Board of Dental Examiners
- Arizona State Board of Nursing
- Arizona State Board of Optometry
- Arizona State Board of Pharmacy
- Arizona State Board of Physical Therapy
- Arizona State Department of Education
- Arizona State Veterinary Medical Examining Board
- California Bureau of Real Estate
- Colorado Division of Professions and Occupations
- Colorado Division of Securities
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
- Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners
- Nevada State Board of Osteopathic Medicine
- State Bar of Arizona
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Colorado
- State Bar of Nevada
- State Bar of Utah
- Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing