Master Planned Communities and Subdivisions
We handle all aspects of master-planned community and subdivision projects, including planning, entitlement, development, sale and leasing issues in residential, and commercial developments. These communities range from destination resorts to large and small mixed-use developments and residential projects.
Areas of Service
The legal services our attorneys provide to developers of master-planned community and subdivision projects vary, depending upon the project size and complexity of issues. We are prepared to take a project through the following stages:
- Acquisition, assemblage, and sale of project lands
- Consultation in platting, development, water, environmenta,l and utility issues
- Preparation of community documents, including restrictive covenants, easements, and community association governing documents
- Negotiation and preparation of construction and architectural contracts
- Land use, zoning and related regulatory and entitlement matters, including the preparation and negotiation of development agreements and practice before municipal and county governmental agencies
- Redevelopment of Brownfield or Superfund site
- Representation of community associations during developer ownership and transition to homeowner control
- Preparation of filings with the Arizona Real Estate Department
- Obtaining Certificates of Convenience and Necessity for those developers who wish to also provide water, wastewater, or telecommunications services
Our extensive experience working with developers of planned communities, industrial and commercial centers and residential subdivisions has provided our attorneys with special insights that benefit our clients who plan to purchase, lease, construct and/or operate land, improvements, and businesses in other planned communities.