Steve Graham represents clients in complex commercial, construction and real estate litigation. His clients range from locally based companies to international businesses with operations in Southern California. Steve has had great success in creative problem solving to avoid litigation and ultimately trial, but if formal resolution is required, he has tried more than 30 large trials and arbitrations throughout the United States.
- View ›
- Represented a senior housing developer in prosecuting a $2.5 million contamination claim which involved an 11-month shut-down of a $55 million construction addition. The case presented an extremely complex matrix of environmental, geotechnical and construction issues.
- Represented a developer in prosecuting a multi-million dollar claim against a Southern California municipality, the redevelopment agency and numerous design professionals and contractors. Through the strategic use of mediation and a Special Master, key depositions were taken of each target defendant.
- Handled six-week arbitration in New York on behalf of a general contractor which built 17 high-end retail clothing stores in seven states.
- Represented the legal owner of a seven-acre ocean front property over which plaintiff sought to impose a permanent easement. This complex real estate matter required the use of multiple experts and the thoughtful investigation and presentation of real property records going back to 1849 and the strategic use of aerial photographs going back to the 1930s.
- Represented a partner in a real estate development firm in establishing his entitlement to a 40% interest in the company through trial.
- Representation of numerous manufacturers, suppliers and designers of nearly every type of industrial product in complex commercial disputes.
- Representation of directors, shareholders, members and partners in a wide variety of disputes and litigation involving corporate governance, voting and control.
- Pepperdine University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1982)
- Corpus Juris Secundum Award
- American Jurisprudence Award in Torts
- Articles Editor, Pepperdine Law Review
- University of California at Santa Barbara (B.A., Environmental Studies and Chemistry, 1979)
Professional Memberships and Activities
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Orange County Superior Court, Law and Motion Department, Judge Pro Tempore
Representative Presentations and Publications
- "Understand and Manage Your Risks," Speaker, California Construction Law Update 2011, Snell & Wilmer, Costa Mesa, CA (October 2011)
- "Mitigating Legal Risk," Speaker, Improve the Health of Your Company Seminar, Newport Coast, CA (January 2011)
Professional Recognition and Awards
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation (2009-2018)
- Southern California Super Lawyers, Business Litigation (2009-2018)
- Super Lawyers, Business Litigation - Business Edition (2011)
- Super Lawyers, Business Litigation - Corporate Counsel Edition (2009-2010)
- Supreme Court of California