Scott Wiseman's practice focuses on commerical litigation matters. He has represented clients in employment law matters such as restrictive covenant enforcement, misappropriation of trade secrets, discrimination and wrongful termination; corporate disputes; real estate and leasing issues; and consumer financial services. Scott also has experience with all phases of litigation including discovery, depositions, motion practice, alternative dispute resolution, and trial.
Prior to joining Snell & Wilmer, Scott was a litigation associate with the law firm of Ballard Spahr LLP. He previously was a judicial intern for the Honorable Jill N. Parrish of the Utah Supreme Court.
- View ›
Represented client accused of breaching non-solicitation agreements and misappropriating trade secrets in multi-million dollar damage claim and five week
Represented client, an employer accused of discrimination, wrongful termination, and wage/hour violations, through summary judgment.
Represented an elderly pro bono client in matter for reacquisition of her home.
- University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law (J.D., with highest honors, 2016)
- Order of the Coif
- Articles Editor, Utah Law Review
- University of Utah (B.S., Mass Communications, Minor: Business Administration, 2013)
Representative Presentations and Publications
- "Trade Secrets and Restrictive Covenants: Keep Your Secrets Safe and Your Employees Honest," Co-Presenter, Ballard Spahr Eighth Annual SLC Fall Employment Law Seminar (November 7, 2018).
- "Property or Currency? The Tax Dilemma Behind Bitcoin," Author, 2016 Utah L. Rev. 417.
- Supreme Court of Utah