Byron Sarhangian's practice is concentrated in real estate and business transactions which include purchase and sale transactions, leasing, financing and brokerage matters. Byron advises large and small corporate clients in corporate real estate matters throughout the United States. His practice also involves drafting and negotiating construction agreements for owners, lenders, general contractors and subcontractors. He has worked on property exchange agreements between state entities as well as a variety of zoning and permitting matters. Byron's work includes ground leases and finance agreements on Native American lands.
Byron is also a member of Snell & Wilmer's Attorney Development Committee.
- View ›
- Represented publically traded seller in $170 million sale-lease back office transaction in Arizona.
- Represented public university in $35 million acquisition and redevelopment of office building in Washington D.C.
- Represented industrial manufacturer in $30 million asset sale transaction.
- Represented lender in $7 million acquisition financing for hotel on Native American land.
- Represented developer in negotiation of a development agreement with the City of Phoenix for a 350,000 square foot high rise office building.
- Represented publicly traded US REIT in over 50 office and retail acquisitions throughout the United States.
- United States counsel to publically traded Canadian REIT for acquisition of numerous hotel portfolios throughout the United States.
- Represented developer in $25 million acquisition of over 2,000 acres for master planned development in Arizona.
- Vanderbilt University Law School (J.D., 2009)
- Jordan A. Quick Memorial Award
- Vanderbilt Bar Association, Vice President (2009), Treasurer (2008)
- Vanderbilt University Appellate Review Board
- University of Arizona, Eller College of Management (B.S., Business Economics, honors, magna cum laude, 2006)
- Dean's List
- Honors College
- University of Westminster, Westminster Business School, London, UK, Study Abroad Program (2004)
Professional Memberships and Activities
- State Bar of Arizona
- Real Property Section
- Environmental Law and Natural Resource Section
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Environmental, Energy, and Resources Section
- Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Section
Representative Presentations and Publications
- "Housing and Economic Research and Market Analysis,” Panel Speaker, Urban Land Institute National Conference, Dallas, TX (October 26, 2016)
- "Creative New Use & Urban Redevelopment," Panel Speaker, Urban Land Institute National Conference, Philadelphia, PA (April 21, 2016)
- "Corporate Culture," Panel Speaker, Urban Land Institute National Conference, Philadelphia, PA (April 21, 2016)
- "What concerns Millennial homebuyers in metro Phoenix? Debt, down payment," Quoted, AZCentral (January 22, 2016)
- "The Millennial Class," Moderator, Urban Land Institute's 11th annual Trends Day Conference (January 20, 2016)
- Visiting Lecturer, Arizona State University, Masters in Real Estate Development Program (2014-2016)
- "Arizona Procurement Rules and Regulations," Author, American Bar Association Guide to State Procurement (2012)
- "EPA Enforcement Actions on the Rise – Construction Industry Likely Target," Author, Snell & Wilmer Under Construction Newsletter (September 2010)
- "Legal Issues Involving Distressed Properties," Contributing Author, Hill International Construction Advisory Report (March 2010)
Professional Recognition and Awards
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business®, Real Estate (2015-2017)
- Associates to Watch (2016)
- Arizona Commercial Real Estate Magazine, People & Projects To Know, Up & Comers Finalist (2015)
- Child Crisis Arizona, Board Member
- Super Bowl Breakfast 2015, Executive Committee
- University of Arizona Alumni Board, Phoenix Chapter
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties
- Camelback Society
- Hon Kachina Council
- Phoenix 20-30 Club
- Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Urban Land Institute
- Advisory and Management Committees - Arizona
- Vice Chair of Residential Neighborhood Development Council - National
- Valley Partnership
Other Professional Experience
- United States District Court, District of Arizona, Judicial Extern for Hon. James A. Teilborg (2007)
- Vanderbilt University Law School, Research Assistant for Prof. Nita Farahany (2007)
- Office of John McCain, United States Senator of Arizona, Intern, Washington, DC (2005); Tucson, AZ (2004)
- Supreme Court of Arizona
- United States District Court, District of Arizona