Bart Page focuses his practice on a wide range of real estate matters. His practice covers real estate development and financing, including purchase and sale transactions, secured financing transactions (including commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) loans), leasing transactions, private and public development agreements, engineering and construction agreements, CFD/SID bond financing, and formation and operation of homeowners’ associations and condominiums.
Bart represents homebuilders, commercial developers, real estate investment funds, banks, financial institutions and other real estate developers and lenders in Arizona, Nevada and other jurisdictions throughout the United States.
- View ›
- Master-Planned Communities: Represented homebuilders and developers in the acquisition and development of master-planned communities throughout the United States, including Arizona, Nevada, Colorado and Wyoming.
- Active-Adult Communities: Represented several of the nation's largest active-adult homebuilders in the acquisition, development and operation of various age-restricted communities located in Arizona, Colorado, Washington and Florida.
- Joint Ventures: Represented homebuilders in structuring and unwinding various joint ventures and similar structures.
- Land Banking: Represented homebuilders in structuring and unwinding numerous landbank transactions, including the restructure of a landbank transaction following foreclosure of the underlying debt held by 18 community banks.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Represented homebuilders and developers in merger and acquisition transactions.
- Real Estate Funds: Represented investment funds in the acquisition and development of residential and commercial properties.
- Multi-Family Properties: Represented developers in the acquisition, development and operation of apartment, condominium and townhome projects throughout the U.S., including Arizona and Nevada.
- Mining Properties: Represented large mining company in the acquisition, financing and operation of gold and silver mines in Alaska, Nevada and South Dakota.
- Medical Properties: Represented hospital system in the acquisition, development and leasing of various development projects and medical office buildings in Arizona.
- Office Leasing: Represented hospital in lease (360,000 square feet) for new office headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Major Shopping Mall: Represented large life insurance company in a $200 million loan secured by a major shopping mall in Chandler, Arizona.
- Multiple Shopping Centers: Represented financial institution in a $100 million loan secured by seven shopping centers in Austin, Texas.
- Retail Properties: Represented REIT in $70 million CMBS loan secured by retail shopping center located in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Hotels and Resorts: Represented lenders in various financing transactions involving hotel and resort properties, including a $20 million mezzanine loan for the development of a hotel and resort in Tucson, Arizona.
- Master-Planned Community: Represented homebuilder in a $54 million loan secured by master-planned community in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Debt Restructuring: Represented homebuilder in restructuring $186 million of senior debt and $25 million of unsecured subordinated debt.
- Hospital Bonds: Represented hospital in $559 million hospital bond financing in Arizona.
- University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law (J.D., 1997)
- Order of the Coif
- Weber State University (B.S., 1994)
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Urban Land Institute (ULI), Full Member
- ULI Residential Neighborhood Development Council (Gold)
- Home Builders Association of Central Arizona, Associate Member
Professional Recognition and Awards
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business®, Real Estate (2016-2018)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law (2019)
Other Professional Experience
- Squire Patton Boggs, Partner (2015-2017)
- Perkins Coie, LLP, Senior Counsel (2013-2015)
- Squire Sanders & Dempsey, LLP, Counsel (2010-2013)
- Lisker, Page & Gibson, PLLC, Partner (2005-2010)
- Bryan Cave, LLP, Associate (2001-2005)
- Brown & Bain, PC, Associate (1998-2001)
- Utah Supreme Court, Law Clerk (1997-1998)
- Supreme Court of Arizona
- Supreme Court of Nevada