Construction Contracting and Transactions
Client and Industry Challenges
Complex construction projects and infrastructure initiatives need coordinated, integrated and complete contract schemes to govern their delivery.
Snell & Wilmer’s construction team can negotiate and develop a broad range of transactional documents – from engineering criteria, performance specifications and scheduling requirements, preconstruction services administration and construction management through to final completion, project startup, testing and commissioning and close out. Our team partners with our clients to thoroughly understand the project from the project program forward, allowing us to anticipate and address even the uncommon pitfalls that may arise unique to a particular project.
Clients We Serve
Owners, contractors, designers and construction managers routinely turn to Snell & Wilmer’s construction group to ensure that the key agreements are in place before work begins.
Why Clients Select Us
Industry Experience: While some firms may tout the education of their lawyers in design disciplines or other construction-related fields, Snell & Wilmer’s team have on-the-ground performance histories and experience that no traditional schooling can provide. Our services go far beyond merely revising form construction agreements.
Forward-Thinking Approach: Our team remains on the cutting edge of the latest trends and systems that affect construction project delivery today – from sustainability, green and LEED, to BIM, cloud collaboration and IPD. That is why construction professionals and developers throughout the United States and around the world for the last decade and beyond have turned to the lawyers at Snell & Wilmer for mining, energy, power, water, industrial, medical, social infrastructure, resort, high-rise, commercial enterprise, and residential, in public, private and public-private partnership contexts.
Our most recent projects include critical and comprehensive legal services:
- Blazing the trail for right-of-way on a 400-mile pipeline
- Helping the EPC contractor with the design and construction of a hyper-scale data center near the Arctic Circle
- Helping the owner on the turnkey design and construction of a natural gas power plant built on the site of an old steel mill
- Helping the design-builder on a DBOM contract for an Arizona water reclamation facility
- Reformation of the management and all construction contracts for a major Las Vegas hotel and casino after foreclosure
- Helping the owner on the design and construction of a silver mine in Sonora Mexico
- Preparation of development, design and construction contracts for major resort, hotel, casino and other mixed-use hospitality projects throughout the Southwestern United States
- Renegotiating terms for the owner of a pair of Midwestern ethanol plants that could not meet the original engineering criteria and performance specifications
- Creating and helping the owner with a series of interrelated contracts for the design and construction of a railway terminal and gathering plant to take large amounts of crude oil from a newly discovered field to distant refineries
- Helping the owner with EPC contracts necessary for the design and construction of an open pit gold mine in Nevada
- Helping the owner with the EPC contracts necessary for the design and construction of twin, large-scale food processing plants in New Mexico and Idaho
- Helping the owner with the design and construction of a proton beam therapy center for a prominent hospital in Arizona