Client and Industry Challenges
Companies, underwriters, issuers, investors and investment banks involved in capital market offerings regularly confront—and need sound advice on—complex transactional structures, corporate and security regulatory issues, and disclosure and corporate governance matters.
Snell & Wilmer’s corporate and securities and commercial finance attorneys advise our clients on a full range of private and public capital raising and recapitalization transactions. Our attorneys’ experience extends to and beyond transactions involving secured and unsecured credit facilities, debt securities, convertible securities, hybrid units, common stock, preferred stock, non-speculative derivatives, commercial paper programs, trust originated securities, asset securitization, mutual fund shares and tax-exempt bonds. We work hard to understand our clients' businesses and to offer high-quality, cost-effective and time-efficient legal services tailored to their objectives.
Areas of Service
Our corporate and securities and commercial finance attorneys provide services for:
- Registered direct offerings
- Exchange offers
- Initial and secondary public equity offerings
- Investment grade and high yield debt offerings
- Registered exchange offers
- Tender offers
- Going-private transactions
- Note programs and equity-linked securities
- Venture capital financings and transactions
- Annual and periodic reports
- Business combinations
- Hedge, investment and other fund formations
- Right offerings, remarketing transactions and open-market purchases
- Rescission offers
- Consent solicitations
- Underwriting and dealer agreements
Clients We Serve
Our clients include underwriters, placement agents, initial purchasers and issuers operating in a broad range of industry sectors. We also regularly serve as underwriters’ counsel to several major investment banking firms, and represent seasoned issuers in connection with their registered and exempt offerings.
Why Clients Select Us
Comprehensive Service: For complex or industry-specific deal structures, our business and finance attorney work seamlessly and efficiently with their colleagues practicing in areas such as financial services, energy, insurance, biotech and life science, REITs, technology, tax and intellectual property. Our goal is to do whatever it takes to deliver superior results for our clients.
Involved and Invested: Regulatory environments substantially affect capital raising and recapitalization transactions. Our corporate and securities attorneys have extensive knowledge of local and national regulatory structures, and several have close working relationships with regulators and listing authorities in local markets. Our regulatory knowledge and connections give us a competitive advantage when we structure and execute transactions for our clients.
S&W Folio Documents
- Blockchain Technology and Digital Currency
- Commercial Agreements
- Commercial Finance
- Corporate and Securities
- Corporate Governance Litigation
- Emerging Business
- Fund Formation and Investment
- Internal Investigations and Regulatory Compliance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Opportunity Zones and Opportunity Funds
- Retail and Franchising
- SEC Reporting and Corporate Governance
- Tax – General Federal
- Venture Capital and Private Equity