Morgan Petrelli’s practice is concentrated in product liability defense and commercial litigation, where she has defended numerous Fortune 500 clients in cases of significant exposure in both federal and state courts throughout Nevada. Her products liability experience is focused primarily in the automotive, medical device and consumer products industries. The commercial litigation matters in which she has been involved concern a variety of issues including contractual disputes, insurance coverage and healthcare.
- View ›
- Defended domestic and foreign automotive manufacturers in cases involving rollover, crashworthiness, airbag, and wrongful death claims.
- Defended domestic and foreign motorcycle manufacturers and off-road utility vehicle manufacturers in matters involving negligence and products liability claims.
- Defended large U.S.-based medical device manufacturers in cases involving claims of negligence, strict product liability, failure to warn and breach of warranty allegations.
- Member of a litigation team that defended various products including industrial equipment and consumer and industrial products.
- Defended a large regional hospital in a multi-million dollar medical malpractice case.
- Defended a major rental car company in personal injury disputes.
- Defended a a large U.S.-based motor carrier involving a trucking accidents.
- Represented a number of commercial entities in contractual dispute actions seeking monetary damages, declaratory relief, appointment of receivers, and other remedies.
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2013)
- Articles Editor, UNLV Gaming Law Journal (2012-2013)
- Moot Court Board, In-House Competition Coordinator (2012-2013)
- Immigration Clinic (2013)
- Dean’s Honors List
- CALI Awards for Excellence in Evidence, Pre-trial Litigation, Legal Writing II, Legal Drafting: Transactional Drafting
- Dean’s Award Recipient
- University of Nevada, Reno (B.S., Business Administration, 2010)
- Dean’s List (2008, 2009)
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Attorney Development Committee, Snell & Wilmer (2014-present)
- William S. Boyd School of Law Moot Court Team, Attorney Advising Board Member (2014-present)
Representative Presentations and Publications
- "Snell & Wilmer Defends Yamaha Rhino in Nevada Trial," Co-Author, Product Liability Update (February 28, 2018)
- "Nevada Faces a Regulatory Dilemma," Co-Author, IAGA Advisor (July 2014)
- "Building Luxury Amidst Squalor: A Case Study of Migrant Construction Workers in India," Co‑Presenter, First Place in the UNLV Graduate and Professional Student Research Forum, Social Science and Law Division (2013)
Professional Recognition and Awards
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars Edition, Personal Injury – Products: Defense (2017)
- Legal Elite - Top Southern Nevada Attorneys, Nevada Business Magazine (2015-2017)
- Best Up and Coming Attorneys (2015)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters, Volunteer (2008-2010)
Other Professional Experience
- Snell & Wilmer, Summer Associate (2012)
- United States District Court, District of Nevada, Judicial Extern to The Honorable James C. Mahan (2011)
- Supreme Court of Nevada
- United States District Court, District of Nevada