Matt Jarvey focuses his practice in Investigations, Government Enforcement and White Collar Protection, as well as in complex Commercial Litigation. Matt is also a member of Snell & Wilmer’s Attorney Development Committee.
Investigations, Government Enforcement and White Collar Protection
In this practice, Matt regularly conducts internal investigations and represents companies and individuals in a wide variety of matters relating to federal and state criminal, civil and regulatory enforcement, including federal and state securities laws and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). He has significant experience investigating complex financial fraud cases and leading internal investigations.
Matt’s commercial litigation practice involves representing clients in a wide range of business disputes, including contract, professional liability and financial services litigation. Matt represents both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal court, and before regulatory agencies.
- Conducted internal investigation and defended company in parallel investigations by Inter-American Development Bank and Department of Justice Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Unit
- Conducted internal investigation for company regarding civil and criminal False Claim Act allegations
- Conducted internal investigation and represented company in matter involving Arizona Department of Education
- Conducted internal investigation for charter school management company regarding misappropriation of public funds allegations
- Defended company in investigation by Securities and Exchange Commission regarding fraud allegations
- Represented public company in prosecution by U.S. Attorney's Office for the Middle District of Florida regarding indictment charging individual with obstruction of justice and material support for terrorism
- Represented venture capital firm in investigation by Securities and Exchange Commission regarding material misstatement allegations
- Representing company in investigation by U.S. Attorney’s Office for Northern District of Illinois regarding money laundering allegations
- Defended individual in parallel investigations by U.S. Attorney’s Office for Missouri and Securities and Exchange regarding fraud allegations
- Defended individual in prosecution by U.S. Attorney’s Office for District of Arizona regarding mortgage fraud and bank fraud charges
- Defending company in parallel investigations by DOJ FCPA Unit and Inter-American Development Bank related to corrupt practice allegations. Matter still pending.
- Defending individual in SEC investigation related to material misstatement and failure to register allegations. Matter still pending.
- Representing entity in investigation of alleged misappropriation of public funds to financially support an international religious/political group.
- Representing client in a multi-million-dollar bad-faith surety dispute.
- Represented client in a commercial dispute involving allegations of fraud related to federal crop insurance.
- Drake University Law School (J.D., highest distinction, 2013)
- Order of the Coif
- Dwight D. Opperman Scholar
- Washington University in St. Louis, Olin Business School (B.S., Business Administration, magna cum laude, 2010)
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Matt co-chairs the Younger Lawyers Committee for the Phoenix Chapter of the Federal Bar Association.
Other Professional Experience
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Iowa, Judicial Clerk to Hon. Mark W. Bennett (2013-2014)
- Supreme Court of Arizona
- United States District Court, District of Arizona