Matt Jarvey focuses his practice on white collar criminal defense and government investigations as well as complex commercial litigation. Matt has experience handling cases at all stages of litigation in state and federal court, and has tried and argued cases before arbitrators, trial and appellate courts, and juries.
Before practicing at Snell & Wilmer, Matt served as a federal law clerk to the Honorable Mark W. Bennett of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Iowa.
Matt is also a member of Snell & Wilmer’s Attorney Development Committee.
White-Collar Defense and Investigations
In his white collar defense and investigations practice, Matt represents companies and individuals in a wide variety of matters relating to federal and state criminal and regulatory enforcement, including federal and state securities laws and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). He has significant experience investigating complex financial fraud cases and leading internal investigations.
Matt’s commercial-litigation practice involves representing clients in a wide range of business disputes, including contract, professional liability, and financial services litigation. Matt represents both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal court, and before regulatory agencies.
- View ›
- Defending company in parallel investigations by DOJ FCPA Unit and Inter-American Development Bank related to corrupt practice allegations. Matter still pending.
- Defending individual in SEC investigation related to material misstatement and failure to register allegations. Matter still pending.
- Representing entity in investigation of alleged misappropriation of public funds to financially support an international religious/political group.
- Representing client in a multi-million-dollar bad-faith surety dispute.
- Represented client in a commercial dispute involving allegations of fraud related to federal crop insurance.
- Drake University Law School (J.D., highest distinction, 2013)
- Order of the Coif
- Dwight D. Opperman Scholar
- Washington University in St. Louis, Olin Business School (B.S., Business Administration, magna cum laude, 2010)
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Matt co-chairs the Younger Lawyers Committee for the Phoenix Chapter of the Federal Bar Association.
Other Professional Experience
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Iowa, Judicial Clerk to Hon. Mark W. Bennett (2013-2014)
- Supreme Court of Arizona
- United States District Court, District of Arizona