Jill Perrella is an associate in the firm’s Bankruptcy and Reorganization group. She represents creditors and debtors in complex commercial bankruptcy cases and state court litigation. Jill has significant experience representing financial institutions.
- View ›
- Representing lenders and borrowers in Chapter 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy litigation, including claims litigation, litigation related to contested Chapter 11 plan confirmation, motions to appoint a Chapter 11 trustee/convert/dismiss, lift stay motions, cash collateral and adequate protection issues and non-dischargeability actions.
- Representing creditors, debtors and guarantors in breach of contract, breach of guaranty and receiver actions. Jill has also represented creditors in all avenues of judgment collection, including debtor examinations and related discovery, writs of attachment, garnishment and execution.
- Representing receivers in litigation involving complex property disputes.
- Representing franchisees in franchise agreement and commercial lease disputes.
- Assisting special servicers, lending institutions and banks in connection with foreclosures and loan workout strategies in various debt collection scenarios.
- Assisting in the drafting, proposal and confirmation of creditor-filed Chapter 11 plans in complex commercial bankruptcy proceedings involving single asset real estate.
- Representing electric companies in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings regarding post-petition adequate assurance issues and administrative claims under 11 U.S.C. § 503(b)(9).
- Representing clients in bankruptcy appeals before District Courts and Bankruptcy Appellate Panels.
- The University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., 2008)
- Award for Excellence in First-Year Legal Writing
- Writing Fellow
- The University of Arizona (B.A., Journalism, summa cum laude, 2004)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Alpha Phi Omega
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Pima County Bar Association (2008-present)
- Arizona Women Lawyers Association (2008-present)
- Federal Bar Association, William D. Browning Tucson Chapter (2015-present)
- American Bankruptcy Institute (2015-present)
Representative Presentations and Publications
- "Equitable Issues in Bankruptcy," Arizona State Bar Convention (June 2018)
- "Electrifying the Bankruptcy Code: Is Electricity a 'Good' for Purposes of 11 U.S.C. § 503(b)(9)?," The American Bankruptcy Law Journal, Volume 90, Issue 4 (2016)
- Commencement Keynote Speaker, Gila Bend High School Graduation, Gila Bend, AZ (May 2013)
- "Differences between the Various Types of Bankruptcy Chapter Proceedings/Overview of an Adversary Proceeding," Tucson Paralegal Association General Membership Meeting (March 2013)
- "Issues in Joint Administration in Bankruptcy," Tucson Bankruptcy Bar Luncheon (April 2012)
Professional Recognition and Awards
- Hon. Eileen W. Hollowell Pro Bono Award, Arizona State Bar Bankruptcy Section (2016)
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars Edition, Bankruptcy: Business (2015-2019)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Self-Help Center, Volunteer (2010-present)
- Arizona Public Media, Community Advisory Board (2015-present)
- Chair of Governance Committee (2016-present)
- Wingspan (Southern Arizona’s Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center), Board Member (2013)
Other Professional Experience
- Quarles & Brady L.L.P., Associate (2011-2012)
- Gust Rosenfeld, P.L.C., Associate (2010)
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Judicial Law Clerk for The Hon. Eileen Hollowell (2009-2010)
- Pima County Superior Court, Judicial Law Clerk/Bailiff for The Hon. Nanette Warner (2008-2009)
- Human Rights Campaign, McCleary Law Fellow (2007)
- Pima County Superior Court, Judicial Intern for The Hon. Karen Adam (2006)
- Arizona Supreme Court, Administrative Office of the Courts, Executive Office, Legislative Intern (2005)
- Arizona Daily Wildcat, News/Features Writer, Administrative Assistant (2003)
- Supreme Court of Arizona
- United States District Court, District of Arizona
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit