Jill Casson Owen has a diverse real estate, general corporate law and business transactional practice, providing advice to public and private entities and individuals. She also advises clients on a variety of federal, state and local regulatory compliance matters.
Jill's real estate experience includes purchase and sale of real property, both commercial and residential, lease transactions for both lessors and lessees in commercial, retail and industrial properties, and transactions relating to the development of real property, condominium conversions, subdivision public report applications, plat approvals, drafting CCRs and other related documents.
Jill has served as both outside general counsel and in-house counsel to airports. She has created, developed and administered appropriate policies and procedures; assured compliance with all federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations as well as airport procedures in the operation and management of daily activities; and represented airports in local, state, regional and national meetings and conferences regarding aviation issues. Jill has worked on airline use agreements, rental car, food and beverage, parking and other concession agreements, and real-estate related instruments including option agreements, easement agreements, development agreements, leases, subleases, lease assignments, licenses, and property management contracts. Her experience includes planning, management, supervision and coordination of the overall affairs and operations of a variety of contracting-related services, including purchasing, procurement, contracts, warehousing, records management, office services and ground transportation.
Jill draws on her varied experience to deliver practical legal advice that balances business needs with legal requirements. Her focus on practical solutions and diversity of experience makes her well suited to serve as counsel to a wide range of businesses requiring counsel or representation on a broad variety of issues.
- University of Arizona College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 1996)
- Order of the Coif
- Note Editor, Arizona Law Review
- University of Arizona, College of Pharmacy (B.S., Pharmacy, 1989)
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Pima County Superior Court, Judge Pro Tem (2012-present)
- State Bar of Arizona
- Fee Arbitration Committee (2012-present)
- Real Property Section, Executive Council (2001-2004)
- Pima County Bar Association
- Volunteer Lawyers Program
Representative Presentations and Publications
- "The Pharmacist’s Duty to Warn: Lasley v. Shrake’s Country Club Pharmacy," 37 Arizona Law Review 677 (1995)
- Northwest YMCA, Board of Managers, Chair
- Chi Omega Fraternity, Zeta Beta Chapter, Board of Directors, President
Other Professional Experience
- Casson Owen Law PLLC, Principal
- Tucson Airport Authority, Vice President Legal and Contracting Services/Associate General Counsel
- Snell & Wilmer, Partner
- Walgreens, Pharmacist
- Supreme Court of Arizona
- Supreme Court of Kansas
- United States District Court, District of Arizona