Zoning & Urban Planning Administrative Assistant
Put your skills to work at Snell & Wilmer, one of the largest and most prestigious law firms in the Western United States. We currently have an opening for a Zoning & Urban Planning Administrative Assistant. The incumbent must have 5 years of administrative experience coupled with legal knowledge. Zoning & Urban Planning knowledge is a plus.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for making appointments with Mayors, Councilmembers and other governmental representatives.
- Reviews and takes action on emails and informs attorney of critical items.
- Responds to phone calls and emails in a professional manner.
- Manages attorney’s/planner’s busy calendar/schedules.
- Files all correspondence and emails into the electronic filing system.
- Prepares engagement letters and opens files.
- Attends weekly staff meeting, takes and transcribes minutes, follows up and takes action as necessary.
- Assists attorney with cataloging time sheets and enters attorney’s billable time into the electronic system.
- Coordinates the monthly billing process which includes proofreading, distributing to appropriate attorneys and editing in the electronic billing system.
- Develops and maintains smooth working relationships with staff, attorneys and clients.
The successful candidate will be able to handle day-to-day work challenges and adjust to multiple demands, priorities and rapid change. This position also requires exceptional attention to detail and follow through. Confidentiality is a key component in this position, as is the ability to be gracious and sensitive when dealing with clients. The ability to build strong relationships with government entities is essential.
Snell & Wilmer offers a competitive performance-based compensation and benefits package, including health and life insurance, 401K, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program. Snell & Wilmer is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.