Commercial Finance Paralegal Assistant
Snell & Wilmer L.L.P., one of the largest and most prestigious law firms in the Western United States, is currently seeking a full time Paralegal Assistant to join its Commercial Finance practice in Tucson, Arizona. Qualified candidates will have at least 2 years of relevant experience.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist lawyers with initial drafts of loan documents.
- Ensure receipt of Schedule B items; review and summarize.
- Assist in ordering and review of UCC Searches.
- Request and review entity documents for each entity involved in the transaction.
- Obtain certificates of good standing/certificates of existence.
- Review title work, obtain payoff statements, and obtain clearance of all title issues.
- Order surveys and commitments for lender's policy of title insurance.
- Assist in drafting closing instruction letters.
- Prepare and update closing checklists.
- Assist in drafting escrow instructions.
- Arrange for discharge and satisfaction of deed trust.
- Calendar significant dates for drafting documents, review, negotiations and closing.
- Communicate transaction progress to team.
- Strong work ethic and ability to self-start.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while delivering consistent, quality work-product to both attorneys and clients.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with appropriate supervision and to seek help when needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
The successful candidate will have a professional appearance. Strict adherence to confidentiality is required. Baccalaureate degree required. Certificate from well-accredited paralegal training program a plus. We offer a competitive performance compensation and benefits package, including health and life insurance, 401K, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, and an employee assistance program. Snell and Wilmer L.L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to Tracy Schumm, Director of Legal Professionals/Professional Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.