Client and Industry Challenges
Involved and Invested: Our military attorneys are committed to staying up-to-date on, and invested in, the issues that affect military personnel, veterans and the companies that employ them; for example, we recently issued a bulletin to our financial services clients on critical military rights under the SCRA. Members of our team are involved in a variety of military service-focused organizations, including the Reserve Officers Association, the United States Selective Service System and the American Legion.
Committed to Military Personnel and Veterans: Several of our attorneys have also coordinated on pro bono legal services for combat veterans and participate in community involvement initiatives dedicated to military members and families, including serving on committees to establish new county veterans' courts.
Our attorneys have the experience necessary to assist with a diverse range of military law issues. Representative matters include:
- Assisting with FOIA and other records requests for discovery of military records
- Defending and evaluating USERRA and SCRA claims
- Advising clients concerning benefits available to reserve and veteran employees
- Analyzing civil liability in detention and deadly force scenarios
- Defending high-profile investigations and punitive discharge proceedings
- Negotiating construction and military base and installation use agreements
- Assisting in representations regarding Command Directed, JAGMAN or Inspector General investigations
- Representing civilians and military members in Office of Special Counsel proceedings