Client and Industry Challenges
Immigration processes and procedures—including those involving employment-related compliance issues, federal and state legislation and mandated procedures, and temporary and permanent immigration to the United States—are complex, highly regulated and often difficult to negotiate. Businesses and individuals facing these types of immigration issues frequently seek experienced legal counsel for sound counsel and effective solutions.
Our immigration attorneys and paralegals at Snell & Wilmer understand that today’s businesses demand and deserve more from their outside immigration counsel. Our immigration attorneys work closely with our clients to devise and implement strategies and procedures that accomplish their immigration, visa and worksite compliance objectives. Our immigration paralegals work closely with companies to prepare timely immigration petitions and applications in a cost-effective manner. We value our relationships and strive to understand all of our clients’ individual budget constraints, communication styles, businesses and industries.
Areas of Service
- B-1, Business Visitors
- E-1, Treaty Traders
- E-2, Treaty Investors
- E-3, Australian Professional Workers
- H-1B, Professional Workers
- H-3, Trainees
- J-1, Exchange Visitors
- J-1 Waivers, Foreign Medical Graduates (Conrad 30)
- L-1A, Intra-company Executives and Managers
- L-1B, Intra-company Specialized Knowledge Personnel
- O-1, Aliens of Extraordinary Ability
- P, Athletes, Artists and Entertainers
- TN Canadian/Mexican Professionals
- PERM Labor Certification
- EB-1, Aliens of Extraordinary Ability, Outstanding Professors and Researchers and Multi-national Executives or Managers
- EB-2, Advanced Degree Professionals,
- Aliens of Exceptional Ability and National Interest Waivers
- EB-3, Professionals, Skilled and Unskilled Workers
- EB-5, Immigrant Investors (including Regional Centers and Targeted Employment Areas)
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
- Comprehensive compliance plans
- Internal audits
- Training sessions
- Worksite enforcement
- ICE subpoenas and investigations
- OSC investigations
- USCIS site visits
- Legal Arizona Workers Act
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended
- Immigration and Nationality Act (§ 274B)
Our immigration group regularly represents our clients in worksite enforcement matters before U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the Office of the Chief Administrative Hearing Officer. We also assist with various immigration-related hiring and employment verification processes, including providing training and counsel regarding compliance, conducting audits, establishing written policies and procedures, implementing best practices and addressing “no-match” letters (or similar information) from federal and state government agencies. We also assist with due diligence concerning immigration practices in the context of mergers and acquisitions and represent businesses in connection with contractor compliance issues.
Clients We Serve
Our immigration attorneys serve a diverse group of clients ranging from multinational and Fortune 500 publicly-traded corporations to small emerging businesses. Our attorneys have experience in a wide range of industries, including education, hospitality, construction, food services, information technology, gaming, biotechnology, security, telecommunications, manufacturing, retail, banking and healthcare. In addition, we represent numerous universities and other non-profit entities, as well as individuals, with immigration needs.
Why Clients Select Us
Recognized, Client-Centered Service: Our immigration attorneys are regularly recognized by their peers for their quality of service and dedication to their clients. Several of our immigration attorneys are listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business®; Ranking Arizona: The Best of Arizona Attorneys; and Southwest Super Lawyers® in immigration law. Our attorneys have proven skills, in-depth knowledge and talents that enable clients to receive comprehensive, strategic and effective representation.
Comprehensive Approach: Our immigration group often works with members of the firm's labor and employment, government relations, international, tax, corporate, business reorganization, healthcare and litigation groups when issues arise and require diverse legal skills.