Airports and FAA Regulatory
Client and Industry Challenges
Airports, airlines and other aviation-related companies have unique business and legal needs—both routine and unanticipated—that often require sound advice and guidance from experienced counsel.
Snell & Wilmer has been serving clients in the aviation industry for over 60 years. Our legal team consists of knowledgeable attorneys who are experienced in the legal issues facing airports, airlines and aircraft owners and operators, as well as those involved in aviation-related services and operations. Providing a full range of aviation-related legal counsel and services, our practice in this highly specialized area involves addressing critical issues related to policies and procedures, ownership and operation, compliance regulations and other important matters. Our attorneys provide practical, "hands-on" advice and counsel, utilizing a solutions-oriented approach that has helped us build long-term relationships with our clients in the aviation industry.
Our attorneys have experience in federal, state and local legal issues applicable to airlines and airports. Our services for our aviation-industry clients include:
- Federal Aviation Administration regulatory compliance
- Department of Transportation regulatory compliance
- Airport governance
- Development and implementation of airport policies, procedures, rules, regulations and minimum standards
- Public bid procedures, procurement and contract administration
- Economic development and construction
- Contract negotiation, implementation and administration
- Airline use and lease agreements
- Rental car, food and beverage, parking, ground transportation, and other concession agreements
- Vendor agreements
- Economic development incentives
- Real estate, including development agreements, leases, licenses, easements, property management, acquisition and disposition
- Land use, regulatory and environmental
- Labor and employment
- Administrative and legislative
- Aircraft and aircraft part transactions
- Tort and premises liability
- Structuring corporate aircraft purchase and ownership programs
- Developing aircraft operating procedures and charter operations
- Aircraft accident claims
- Various forms of litigation and dispute resolution
Clients We Serve
Our attorneys represent a wide range of local, national and multinational aviation clients, including small and large corporations with in-house flight departments and individual aircraft owners operating one or multiple aircraft. We also serve airports operated by both municipalities and airport authorities.
Why Clients Select Us
Involved and Invested: Our attorneys have been personally involved in a variety of aviation industry organizations, including Airports Council International - North America, the American Association of Airport Executives, the Arizona Airports Association and the National Business Aviation Association. Participation in these organizations has helped us stay on top of the ever-changing legal landscape in the aviation industry, and our firm supports these types of activities at no cost to our clients.
Dynamic, Comprehensive Approach: With more than 450 attorneys in 15 locations throughout the western United States and in Mexico, we have the depth and breadth of experience necessary to offer our aviation clients a broad range of services that are sensitive to the complex and often subtle differences in state laws. Our aviation law attorneys regularly call on the diverse talents and experience of their colleagues to effectively and efficiently handle complex matters involving business and finance, real estate, construction, environmental, government relations, land use and development, and federal and state tax issues.