John Robertson's areas of concentration are labor and employment law, including wrongful discharge and employment discrimination, EEO, and matters related to federal and state employment laws.
- University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., with distinction, 1974)
- Editor, Arizona Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- University of Arizona (B.A., 1968)
Professional Memberships and Activities
- State Bar of Arizona
- Labor Section, Executive Committee (1986-1993); Chairman (1990-1991)
- Pima County Bar Association
Representative Presentations and Publications
- Lectured extensively at various labor and employment seminars sponsored by the Arizona State Bar Association, the Pima County Bar Association and the Council on Education and Management.
- Lectured extensively to managers, supervisors and employees of numerous Arizona employers on various employment-related matters, including sexual harassment prevention.
- Numerous presentations at seminars, as well as to managers and supervisors of various employers on federal and state drug testing requirements.
Professional Recognition and Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Labor Law - Management, Employment Law - Management (1989-2018); Labor & Employment Law (1989-2013)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Business Edition, Labor & Employment Law (2012)
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Employment & Labor (2012-2016)
- United States Navy, Officer
- Navy Ready Reserve (1964-1968)
- Active Duty, Naval Security Group, Naval Security Station, Washington, DC (1968-1969)
- Active Duty, Special Security Office CINCPAC Staff, Camp Smith, HI (1970-1971)
- Ready Reserve Naval Security Group, Lieutenant (1971-1974)
- Supreme Court of Arizona
- United States District Court, District of Arizona
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit