Steve Young protects the interests of banks making loans secured by real estate and other assets. He documents and negotiates construction loans, acquisition and development loans and long term loans. He represents lenders in loans secured by residential developments, shopping centers, office and industrial properties, and commercial loans secured by all assets or select assets of particular value such as aircraft and FCC licenses.
Steve was a private placement agent before joining Snell & Wilmer. He became adept at finding solutions to real estate finance issues that satisfied the largest life insurance companies in the nation as well as the investment grade retailers he represented, successfully placing over $1.5 Billion in debt securities.
Steve has the financial and legal understanding, from both the lender’s and borrower’s perspectives, to close complex transactions that might otherwise fail. His experience has taught him that loan transactions are “win-win” propositions where all parties must be satisfied at closing that the loan documents protect their interests fairly.
- University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law (J.D., 1983)
- University of California, Berkeley, Haas School of Business (M.B.A., 1983)
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., magna cum laude, 1978)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- UApresents, Advisory Board
- Tucson Housing Trust Fund Citizens Advisory Committee (2007-2011)
- ParkWise Commission, Past Member (2007-2009)
Other Professional Experience
- Buchalter, Nemer, Fields & Younger, Special Counsel
- Krambo Corporation, Investment Banker
- Cooper, White & Cooper, Partner
- Supreme Court of Arizona
- Supreme Court of California