Roger Cohen is a partner whose practice is concentrated in business and finance, mergers and acquisitions, and securities. He assists public and private client company management with financing and other growth transactions, recapitalizations, workouts and other restructurings. Roger also advises clients on questions of corporate governance and works with individuals on various financial planning matters.
Roger has substantial experience with international transactions, principally in the telecommunications and natural resources industries. For three years Roger was based in London working with an international client on the development of broadband telecom systems, principally in underserved markets in more than 20 countries ranging from Eastern and Western Europe, Africa and Asia. The projects included the establishment of ventures with local partners, regulatory compliance and support, and venture and project financing. Recent international projects involve natural gas, telecommunications, precious metals assets and resort development.
- View ›
Mergers, Acquisitions, Financings and General Business
- Transactions over recent years have involved mergers of public companies, acquisitions by public companies of private companies, joint ventures and initial public offerings.
- Experience includes equity, debt and mezzanine financings for public and private companies working with institutional, private equity and venture capital entities and restructurings of corporate entities both public and private
- Involved in the establishment and revision of corporate governance structures and procedures
- Worked with large private royalty company on its merger and negotiations with public master limited partnerships.
- Represented large restaurant chain in acquisition of substantial new concept chain and with secondary public stock offering to finance transactions.
- Represented producing natural resource companies with bank financings.
- Advised companies on general contractual matters.
- Represented public and privately held companies on corporate and ownership restructurings.
- Harvard Law School (J.D., cum laude)
- Harvard University (B.A., magna cum laude)
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Tax Section, Former Chairman
- American Bar Association
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Metro Denver, Projects Chairman
- Colorado Symphony, Past Vice-President
- City of Littleton Planning Commission, Past Member
Other Professional Experience
- Ballard Spahr Andrews & Ingersoll, LLP, Business and Finance Partner and Senior Counsel
- Holme Roberts and Owen, Tax and Corporations Partner
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, Law Clerk for Judge Charles Vogel
- Denver University Law School, Adjunct Professor
- Supreme Court of Colorado