Mark Konrad's Arizona, Colorado and Nevada practice is concentrated in commercial litigation with significant experience in financial services, real property disputes, technology matters and construction law. His financial services experience includes complex contract disputes, commercial loan defaults, guarantor litigation, fraud, receiverships, and adversary and related litigtion arising from complex commercial bankruptcies. Mark's technology experience includes blockchain technology and fintech issues as well as technology company-related liigation.Mark's construction experience includes both litigation and transactional work, including extensive representation of owners and airports, governmental procurement of construction and construction project litigation.
- View ›
- Lead litigation attorney for approximately 100-150 state court receivership and foreclosure actions for secured creditors including national banks, special servicers and others, against developers, investors, LLCs and other borrowers in state courts in Arizona, Colorado and Nevada.
- Lead trial attorney for court appointed receiver in three week trial involving declaratory judgment, water, development, contract, and real property issues relating to for $145,000,000 loan for a four-star, 575 room resort hotel.
- Litigation counsel for publicly traded hardware and professional services company in $50,000,000 contract dispute in Federal District Court in Nevada.
- Lead litigation attorney for national special servicer in several guaranty litigation matters in Arizona and Nevada.
- Trial counsel for Chapter 11 plan confirmations trials for defaulted commercial loans in U.S. Bankruptcy Courts in Arizona and Nevada.
- Lead trial and appellate attorney for national bank on tax lien priority dispute before Nevada Supreme Court.
- Outside counsel to technology and professional services companies regarding various contracting matters.
- Outside general and litigation counsel to airports, including construction litigation, development of appropriate policies and procedures for procurement of construction and related contracting, and other general litigation matters.
- Litigation counsel for large public accounting firm in professional malpractice litigation relating to auditing of publically traded surety bond company.
- University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 1991)
- University of Arizona (B.S., 1988)
Professional Memberships and Activities
- American Bar Association
- Co-Chair Business Law Section - Financial Services Litigation Subcommittee (2018)
- American Inn of Courts, Tucson Chapter
- Master (2008)
- Arizona Builders Alliance, Tucson Chapter
- Legal Committee, Chairman (2004-2006)
- Federal Bar Association, Tucson Chapter
- President (2005-2006)
- Executive Committee (2001-2007)
Representative Presentations and Publications
- "Cryptocurrency and Taxes - An Introduction and Discussion," Co-Presenter, Tucson Tax Study Group (June 15, 2018)
- "Blockchain and Digital Currencies: A Look at the Legal Issues," Co-Presenter, Snell & Wilmer Presentation (May 9, 2018)
- "Fintech Regulatory Cases," § 24.4 of Recent Developments in Business and Corporate Litigation, Author, American Bar Association, Business and Corporate Litigation Committee (2018)
- Blockchain Technology and Digital Currencies - Where We Are and Where We May Be Going," Presenter, Snell & Wilmer Presentation (April 29, 2018)
- "Commercial Operation of Drones - What Construction Stakeholders Should Know," Co-Author, Under Construction (March 2018)
- ADPM Legislation Overview," Procurement & Selection Process for Public Projects, Presenter, Alliance for Construction Excellence (December 13, 2016)
Professional Recognition and Awards
- Outstanding Pro Bono Attorney, Volunteer Lawyers Program (May 2003)
- Volunteer Lawyers Program
Other Professional Experience
- Jolley, Urga, Wirth and Woodbury, Attorney, Las Vegas, Nevada (1993-1995)
- United States District Court, District of Nevada, Judicial Law Clerk to Judge Philip M. Pro (1991-1993)
- Supreme Court of Arizona
- Supreme Court of Colorado
- Supreme Court of Nevada
- United States District Court, District of Arizona
- United States District Court, District of Nevada
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit