Lisa Coulter serves as the General Counsel of Snell & Wilmer. As the chief legal officer, Lisa provides counsel and advice to the firm and its members on matters involving loss prevention, risk management and firm claims, policy, strategy and transactional decisions; firm contracts; data security compliance; conflicts and personnel issues; ethics and compliance training; and other legal or sensitive matters.
Prior to serving as the firm’s General Counsel, Lisa represented and advised employers on a wide range of areas, including discrimination, retaliation, misappropriation of trade secrets, non-competition/non-solicitation matters, employment contracts, and related common law and statutory claims. Additionally, her litigation practice focused on the defense of commercial and legal malpractice claims.
- University of Arizona College of Law (J.D., with honors, 1985)
- University of Arizona (B.S.B.A., Finance, 1982)
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Society for Human Resource Managers
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Labor and Employment Section, State Bar of Arizona
Representative Presentations and Publications
- On Air Commentator for Employment and Workplace Issues (KPNX TV)
- "Legal Implications of Social Media"
- "Arizona Medical Marijuana Act"
- "Focus on the Workplace: Employment Issues in Declining Economy"
- "Organized Labor's New Tactics, SHRM"
Professional Recognition and Awards
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Employment and Labor (2014-2017); Employment Litigation: Defense (2013)
- Law Related Education Award for Exceptional Contributions to Law Related Education, Arizona Bar Foundation (2000)
- Childsplay, Board of Trustees
Other Professional Experience
- Arizona Supreme Court, Law Clerk to Hon. Jack D. H. Hays
- Supreme Court of Arizona
- United States District Court, District of Arizona
- United States District Court, District of Arkansas
- United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court