Jeff Tuttle is a member of the firm’s bankruptcy and reorganization practice group, where he focuses on business reorganizations, creditors’ rights and bankruptcy related litigation. Jeff’s practice experience includes the following:
Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- Represented factoring and asset-based lenders in a variety of transactional, litigation, workout, and bankruptcy matters, including DIP financing arrangements, § 363 asset sales, and preference defense.
- Bankruptcy counsel for debtors (e.g. solar power company; multiple mining companies) in all stages of their chapter 11 bankruptcy cases, including claims administration, plan and disclosure statement preparation, asset disposition, etc.
- Represented unsecured creditors’ committees in chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
- Represented national banks in all aspects of real-estate secured lending (due diligence, title and survey, negotiation and documentation) amounting to hundreds of commercial loans in total in excess of $5B.
- Represented national banks in all aspects of syndicated lending pursuant to the Community Reinvestment Act and asset-based loans secured by personal property.
- Assisted in due diligence reviews and all other aspects of corporate and commercial transactions.
- University of Minnesota Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2010)
- Business Law Association, President
- Dean’s List (2008, 2009)
- Brigham Young University (B.A., Political Science, 2004)
- Washington Seminar, Participant
Professional Memberships and Activities
- American Bankruptcy Institute
Professional Recognition and Awards
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars Edition, Bankruptcy: Business (2018)
- Chairman of the firm’s committee participating in the Utah State Bar’s Tuesday Night Bar program aimed at providing legal services and guidance for low-income individuals
- Artes de Mexico en Utah, Board of Directors (2015-2017)
- Boy Scouts of America, Eagle Scout
Other Professional Experience
- United States Bankruptcy Court, District of Utah, Law Clerk for The Honorable Joel T. Marker (2011-2013)
- University of Minnesota Law School, Research Assistant to Professor Ed Adams (2009-2010)
- University of Minnesota Law School, Bankruptcy Clinic, Student Attorney/Student Director (2008-2009)
- District Court, Hennepin County, Judicial Extern for The Honorable Philip D. Bush (2008)
- Navigant Consulting, Litigation Consultant (2005-2007)
- Office of Senator Robert F. Bennett, Intern to the Legislative Director (2004)
- Supreme Court of Utah
- Supreme Court of California
- United States District Court, District of Utah