David Dubin's practice is concentrated in intellectual property law, including strategic intellectual property counseling, intellectual property transactions, and trademark prosecution. He regularly assists clients with all aspects of the clearance, prosecution, and enforcement of trademarks and copyrights. Specifically, David represents clients across a broad range of fields in trademark, trade secret and copyright, including: entertainment, telecommunications, consumer products, technology, apparel and food and beverage. He advises clients concerning their intellectual property, non-compete, and non-solicitation intellectual property policies and agreements. David also handles various aspects of other transactional and commercial matters concerning intellectual property, including trademark licenses and consent agreements.
Prior to joining the firm, David was an examining attorney with the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO), where he extensively evaluated trademarks and service marks for compliance with the Trademark Act and rendered Office decisions on procedural and statutory issues. At the USPTO, all of David’s argued ex parte appeals before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and the U.S. Court of Appeals were upheld. David also provided training and review of all work product for experienced and newly hired examining attorneys while serving as a mentor.
David is only admitted to practice in Virginia and is not admitted to practice in California.
- George Mason University School of Law (J.D., 2014)
- Journal of Law, Economics & Policy, Articles Editor
- Sports, Entertainment, and Art Law Society, Vice President
- Syracuse University (B.A. Psychology, Minor Political Science, magna cum laude, 2010)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Dean's Honor Roll
- Athletic Director's Honor Roll
- Syracuse University Men's Varsity Track & Field
Professional Memberships and Activities
- The Virgina Bar Association
- The Fairfax Bar Association
Representative Presentations and Publications
- "Guns, Sex, and Freedom," Author, 2 ECON. & SOC. IMPACTS OF INNOVATION EJOURNAL 2 (February 6, 2014)
- Eagle Scout Award
- All-American Track & Field Award
Other Professional Experience
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, Attorney Advisor (2016-2019)
- Fidelity National Financial, Claims Counsel (2015-2016)
- Supreme Court of Virginia