Andy Pidcock is a founding member and chairman of the firm's Retail and Franchise Services Group and oversees the Denver Real Estate and Commercial Lending practices. His franchise practice involves real estate and commercial finance with a focus on commercial leasing, franchising, business and asset acquisitions, licensing and distributor transactions. On the commercial finance side, Andy is focused on asset-based and real estate financing transactions as well as mezzanine, bridge loans and lines of credit. He has also worked on workouts and foreclosures. Andy is also experienced with real estate development projects and particularly those involving the hospitality and retail industries.
Andy is the manager of national and regional legal affairs for many of our firm's restaurant and retail clients. He has extensive experience in real estate purchases and sales, ground leases and other leases of all types. Andy is particularly skilled at assembling and managing efficient and cost-effective legal teams for our clients' expansion programs for new corporate and franchised stores. He has experience with large multi-site, multi-state expansion and franchise growth programs, as well as commercial loans and other such related financings.
- View ›
- Real estate and leasing counsel to numerous national and regional restaurant and retail/service companies with respect to their growth initiatives, including in the areas of fast food, coffee, pizza, hamburgers, pasta, banking and child care.
- Manages a leasing group that negotiates and drafts hundreds of leases each year for restaurant/retail tenants, including build-to-suit, ground and space leases.
- Represented a major bank in connection with its acquisition of two large data center sites.
- University of Denver Law School (J.D., 1989)
- Order of St. Ives
- University of Nevada-Las Vegas (B.A. Economics, with honors, 1986)
- Tau Kappa Epsilon
Professional Memberships and Activities
- American Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- International Franchise Association
Representative Presentations and Publications
- "Franchise Dining Deals Get Supersized In Development Boom," Quoted, Law360 (April 21, 2014)
- "Inadvertent franchise relationship: What you should watch for," Co-Author, Colorado Real Estate Journal (July 20, 2011)
- "Basics Tracks: Real Estate – Basic Leasing in Franchising," Moderator, 44th Annual Legal Symposium, International Franchise Association, Washington, D.C. (May 2011)
- "Retailers: Improve, standardize leases in this down economy," Author, Colorado Real Estate Journal (July 21, 2010)
Professional Recognition and Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law (2013-2019); Commercial Finance Law (2017-2019)
- Super Lawyers®, Real Estate - Corporate Counsel Edition (2009-2010)
- Colorado Super Lawyers®, Real Estate (2006-2009)
- Downtown Denver Partnership Retail Counsel
Other Professional Experience
- Cohen Brame & Smith, P.C., Partner
- Ballard Spahr Andrews & Ingersoll, LLP, Of Counsel
- Supreme Court of Colorado