Adiba Jurayeva is an associate in the Phoenix office of Snell & Wilmer. A member of the labor and employment group, she focuses her practice on defense of discrimination, retaliation, harassment, and wrongful termination cases in state and federal courts, including representation before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Adiba's practice also includes the defense of wage-and-hour class and single-plaintiff actions under the Fair Labor Standards Act and under the wage and hour laws of various states. In wage-and-hour matters, she has also represented employers before the U.S. Department of Labor and the labor departments of multiple states, including the Industrial Commission in Arizona.
Adiba regularly conducts workplace investigations and represents companies with respect to employee misconduct, including claims related to the # MeToo movement and sexual harassment. She also advises companies regarding best practices in handling her investigative findings. Adiba has experience in discovery, law and motion practice, and settlement negotiation. She has represented employers across various industries, including construction, education, food-service, retail, technology, healthcare, and transportation.
Adiba also engages in pro bono legal work. She assisted in the representation of a teenager from Guatemala seeking asylum in the United States and she has advised various non-profit organizations with employment policies and procedures.
While in law school, Adiba worked as an extern for the American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative in Tajikistan where she drafted the proposal to create the country’s first DNA testing facility to help decrease human rights violations. She also worked as a summer associate at Quarles & Brady LLP. Before law school, Adiba taught math and science for three years. She also worked for the United Nations Development Project as a translator.
- Arizona State University, Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law (J.D., 2014)
- Michael D. Ryan Scholarship Award
- Gold 'n Gavel Scholarship Recipient
- First Place Recipient in the Oplinger Closing Argument Competition
- Best Oralist in the Jessup Regional Competition
- Chatham University (B.A., Political Science/Pre-Law, 2007)
- Presidential Scholarship
- Dean's List
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Maricopa County Bar Association (2014-present)
- American Bar Association (2014-present)
Representative Presentations and Publications
- "How the #MeToo Movement Has Shifted the Legal Landscape and What Businesses Are Doing About It," Co-author, Snell & Wilmer Workplace Word (October 12, 2018)
- "Mentoring - A Key Piece of the Diversity and Inclusion Puzzle," Co-Presenter, Small Business Master Series, Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce (September 20, 2018
- "Top 10 Labor & Employment Updates for In-House Counsel In-the-Know," Co-Presenter, Last Chance CLE Opportunity - Snell & Wilmer (June 6, 2018)
Professional Recognition and Awards
•Southwest Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars Edition, Employment and Labor (2018)
- Sonoran Science Academy, Board Member (2014-present)
- Capital School, Volunteer (2014-2016)
- Quarles Cares, Volunteer (2014-2016)
- United States District Court, District of Arizona