Contracts are a daily part of every business owner’s life. When economic times were good, many owners ignored contractual formalities and some even abandoned written agreements altogether. During the days of abundant (and seemingly unending) profits, “handshake deals” often became the norm.
In the current market, however, proliferating disputes and costly litigation have laid bare the perils of doing business without a well-drafted contract. So, how can companies best protect their interests through the contract negotiation and preparation process?
Snell & Wilmer invites you to the next virtual program in the Emerging Business Seminar Series™, where partner Brian J. Burt will discuss contract negotiation and preparation.
Topics for this complimentary seminar will include:
- Challenges of doing business in today’s market
- Contract negotiation best practices
- Capturing agreed upon business terms in the contract
- Ensuring today’s deal remains tomorrow’s deal
- Key areas of exposure and ways to limit liability
- Ways to resolve disputes and help avoid them
- Why “miscellaneous” provisions matter
For more information, and to RSVP, click here.