Or you may run a company with a first-in-class manufacturing facility and a global distribution network, but no in-house innovation capabilities.
For these types of situations licensing can provide an efficient and cost-effective way to get products to market and mitigate risk along the way.
Snell & Wilmer invites you to the next program in the Emerging Business Seminar SeriesTM, where partner Brian J. Burt will discuss how to license technology and intellectual property.
Topics for this complimentary seminar will include:
Understanding the concept of licensing
- The bundle of intellectual property rights available to license
- The licensing business model
- Advantages and disadvantages of licensing
- Best candidates for licensing
Structuring the license agreement
- Licensed intellectual property
- Scope of license and reservation of rights
- Quality control
- Royalties and advances; guaranteed minimums
- Patent filings, prosecution and defense
- Term and termination
- Audit rights
For more information, and to RSVP, click here.