Danny Green’s practice is concentrated in trial and appellate litigation including financial services, contract, professional responsibility, and other matters. After clerking for two well respected judges on different courts, Danny has gained unique insights into what judges find persuasive, and he uses that knowledge to his clients' advantage.
Danny has worked on a variety of commercial litigation, class action, and appellate matters, including assisting with defending large financial institutions in federal and state court litigation involving statutory and common law claims, as well as drafting appellate briefs, amicus curiae briefs, and other briefs before the United States Supreme Court, the Ninth Circuit, the Tenth Circuit, the Arizona Supreme Court, and the Arizona Court of Appeals.
- View ›
- Assisting with defending a large financial institution against a complaint of alleged violations of the Truth in Lending Act for the institution’s purported failure to provide appropriate disclosures. The matter was dismissed at the motions stage. Drafted response to appellant’s opening brief. Matter is still pending.
- Assisting with defending a large financial institution against a purported nationwide class action arising out of inspection fees associated with defaulted mortgages. Matter is still pending in pre-trial discovery.
- Assisting with defending a large financial institution against a purported state-wide class action arising out of fees imposed for a specific debit card program. The matter is still pending in the very early stages of litigation.
- Assisted with defending a large financial institution against claims from speculators alleging the institution’s first lien was extinguished by operation of statute. After trial, assisted with appellate briefing that sought reversal with the trial court’s judgment, and then assisted with subsequent motions practice in the trial court seeking to reinstate the institution’s property interest.
- Defended a large claim management service provider against a consumer fraud and bad faith claim arising from the denial of a credit card insurance demand.
- Arizona State University, Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2013)
- Editor-In-Chief, Arizona State Law Journal
- Alan A. Matheson Service Award for Outstanding Service to the Law School
- Arizona State University (B.A., Philosophy, summa cum laude, 2010)
- Outstanding Graduate (Class of 2010)
Representative Presentations and Publications
- "The First Amendment and Cell Phones: Governmental Control over Cell Phone Use on Publicly Owned Lands," W. Danny Green, Comment, 44 Ariz. St. L.J. 1355 (2012)
- "Judge, Jury, and Executioner no Longer: Will the Pilot’s Bill of Rights Finally Level the Playing Field . . . or Not?," Michael W. Pearson & W. Danny Green, 6 Phoenix L. Rev. 257 (2013)
Other Professional Experience
- Northern District of Illinois, Law Clerk to the Honorable Harry D. Leinenweber (2014-2015)
- Arizona Supreme Court, Law Clerk to the Honorable Vice Chief Justice John Pelander (2013-2014)
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, Judicial Extern to the Honorable David G. Campbell (2011) and James A. Teilborg (2012)
- Supreme Court of Arizona
- United States Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, District of Utah
- United States District Court, District of Arizona