Andrew Sniegowski is a member of the firm’s Special Litigation and Compliance Group. His practice includes representing individuals and businesses in government regulatory compliance, government contracting, political and election law, employment litigation, and healthcare matters including professional liability defense and commercial litigation.
Andrew’s healthcare practice involves representing individual practitioners as well as hospitals and other healthcare facilities regarding malpractice, licensure and board matters, and labor and employment disputes. He also has experience with regulatory compliance including HIPAA, the Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, and False Claims Act. Prior to joining the firm, Andrew practiced as a registered nurse, including experience at the bedside and leadership roles in critical care.
Andrew regularly advises businesses in relation to regulatory compliance and government contracting issues. His experience in this area includes representing clients with regard to state and federal government procurement bid protests, claims, equitable adjustments, small business size determinations, certifications challenges and other disputes related to complying with government acquisition laws and regulations.
Andrew also represents clients in regard to civil and criminal subpoenas, and other government requests for information. He handles Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act requests and defends against competitors who seek proprietary information through these authorities.
- Arizona State University, Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2014)
- Certificate in Law Science and Technology with a specialization in Health Law
- Executive Editor, Jurimetrics - The Journal of Law Science and Technology
- CALI Award Winner: Property Law (Spring 2012), Criminal Law (Spring 2012), Claims Against Government Entities (Spring 2014)
- Alan A. Matheson Award for outstanding service to the law school (2014)
- Arizona State University (B.S., Nursing, magna cum laude, 2003)
- Outstanding Community Involvement Award (2003)
- Sigma Theta Tau Nurses Honor Society
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Gamma Beta Phi National Honor Society
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Arizona Association of Healthcare Lawyers
- American Health Lawyer’s Association
- Defense Research Institute
Representative Presentations and Publications
- "HIPPA Compliance for Nursing Professionals," Presenter, Lorman Education Services (June 29, 2017)
- "(Un)Protected Health Information Held for Ransom," Snell & Wilmer Health Law Checkup (June 2, 2017)
- "Is Your Arbitration Agreement Enforceable?" Snell & Wilmer Health Law Checkup (April 6, 2017)
- "You’re Fired: What Impact Will Sally Yates' Departure Have on the DOJ's Fraud Enforcement?" Snell & Wilmer Health Law Checkup (February 8, 2017)
- "Removal: State vs. Federal Court," Presenter, Arizona Association of Defense Counsel (February 8, 2017)
- "Medical Liability in Arizona: Past, Present, and Future,” Presenter, Wickenburg Leadership Institute (October 7, 2014)
- “Gaming the System in Public Health Emergencies,” Co-Author, Journal of Law, Medicine and Ethics (November 3, 2012)
Other Professional Experience
- Arizona State University, Public Health Law and Policy Program, Legal Researcher (2012)
- Mayo Clinic Hospital, R.N. Team Leader, ENT/Neurology (2009-2011), RN Supervisor, Critical Care (2007-2008), Staff RN, Critical Care (2004-2007, 2008-2009)
- Supreme Court of Arizona
- United States District Court, District of Arizona
- Gila River Indian Community Court
- United States Court of Federal Claims