Snell & Wilmer is one of the largest and most prestigious law firms in the Western United States, with more than 450 attorneys in nine offices. The firm is currently seeking a Client Collections Manager. The primary purpose of this position is to facilitate and manage the client collection process by working with attorneys and their clients. The Manager will concentrate his/her efforts on those clients whose accounts become past due. This position will also serve as the liaison between attorneys, secretaries, and the accounting department. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline coupled with three to five years of experience in a law firm or professional services firm. This education and experience will provide the incumbent with the necessary skills to manage complex attorney and client issues.
The incumbent must possess exceptional human relation and communication skills and must be able to demonstrate impeccable integrity in personal and fiduciary matters. Also required are excellent business communications, writing, presentation and interpersonal skills, along with a strong client focus in a fast-paced environment. This job will require some travel to other offices. The incumbent must be able to work under pressure, multi-task, meet deadlines, and handle sensitive matters which require exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail. The incumbent must be able to work independently and collaboratively. Technical knowledge required is Microsoft Office, web-based credit card processing, Aderant and MiniSoft ARCS.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Run appropriate reports to determine what accounts need attention and address these issues with the appropriate attorney/secretary.
- Analyzes and manages past-due accounts for the client collections offices and reports departmental activities to the Client Accounts Manager.
- Generates and updates the monthly A/R and WIP (work in progress) that require additional information or approval of continued work.
- Prepares various reports for attorneys on a monthly and quarterly basis and prepares other reports requested by attorneys.
- Answers questions and assists in resolution of problems with all aspects of accounting which includes assisting secretaries, and other accounting personnel.
- Acts as a resource and trains new attorneys and secretaries on our accounting software.
- Resolve and appeal rejected electronic invoices, so they can be resubmitted.
- Understand client billing guidelines.
- Meets regularly with billing attorneys and secretaries to discuss past due accounts and determine actions to collect.
- Perform account reconciliations, provide account ledgers when necessary or requested.
- Act as liaison between attorneys and the Accounting Department.
- Build relationships with attorneys, secretaries and clients to facilitate prompt payment.
Snell & Wilmer offers a competitive performance-based compensation and benefits package, including health and life insurance, 401K, profit sharing, and an employee assistance program. Snell & Wilmer is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
To explore this opportunity please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements in pdf format to email@example.com