Snell & Wilmer, one of the largest and most prestigious law firms in the Western United States is seeking a Payroll Professional. This position requires an extremely detail orientated person with significant knowledge of payroll administration, including state and federal regulations. The candidate will supervise one direct report.
This is a full-time exempt position and will report to the CFO.
The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- CPP preferred
- At least 5 years of experience with payroll systems
- California payroll experience preferred
- Organizational and time management skills
- Technical capacity and communication proficiency
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for processing a multi- state bi-weekly payroll for 700 employees and a monthly payroll for 250 partners.
- Analyzes, prepares and inputs payroll data. Produce accurate and timely payroll. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Biweekly activities to include the following: inputting weekly hours, voiding checks/ manual check as required. Exporting payroll from time management system and importing into HRIS.
- Compiles and distributes payroll data such as direct deposits, garnishments, PTO requests, 401(k) deductions, loan deductions and other deductions or pay adjustments as requested
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Track and deduct all garnishments and other special deductions
- Reconcile Wage and Tax Registers quarterly. Balance annual payroll to w-2s and Box 12 entries. Manage the coordination with Human Resources teammates to ensure the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations are accurate and timely.
Snell & Wilmer offers a competitive performance-based compensation and benefits package, including health and life insurance, 401K, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, and employee assistance program. Snell & Wilmer is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
To explore this opportunity, send your resume, in confidence, to Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org