Rewards or equity-based crowdfunding may be the answer. Both provide a company with a legal way to solicit and take capital from the “crowd.” While crowdfunding has the power to democratize the funding process, success will require not just adherence to the new rules, but the ability to offer a compelling story – one that goes beyond the simple promise of a return on investment.
Snell & Wilmer invites you to the next program in the Emerging Business Seminar SeriesTM, where partner Brian J. Burt will discuss how to raise capital with crowdfunding.
Topics for this complimentary seminar will include:
- The historic challenges of raising capital
- Rewards-based crowdfunding
- Different types of equity-based crowdfunding
- Federal under JOBS Act
- Arizona state-based
- 506(c) accredited investor
- Raising capital through crowdfunding
- Company rules and requirements
- Portal rules and requirements
- Investor limit
- Telling the story
For more information, and to RSVP, click here.