By Maribeth M. Klein By executive order, President Trump directed the Department of Interior to review national monuments designated since 1996 under the Antiquities Act of 1906. The Antiquities Act grants the President authority to designate “historic landmarks, historic and … Continue reading
Welcome to the S&W Environmental, Natural Resources, Oil and Gas Law Blog. This blog is a resource for the regulated community to stay current on new developments impacting the environmental, natural resources and energy sectors. It provides timely updates on a broad range of federal, state and local environmental topics — including proposed legislation and government rulemakings — that impact regulated industries throughout the southwest and the nation as a whole.
- Trump’s Executive Order Requires Hard Look at National Monument Designations
- California Supreme Court Invalidates EIR for Coastal Mixed-Use Development
- Disposal of Contamination = Disposal of Evidence. Be Careful What You Throw Away!
- Should Congress End Agency Deference?
- Ninth Circuit Holds that Federal Reserved Water Rights Extend to Groundwater